The objects of the Society are:
1. To represent the accounting profession before:
- the Public Authorities of Gibraltar;
- other professional bodies with related interests; and
- any other Authority or body as may be expedient from time to time.
2. To promote best practice, ethics and standards in accounting, auditing, taxation and insolvency & reorganisation.
3. To encourage and facilitate the continuing education of members of the Society including but not limited to the running of educational courses, the assistance or sponsorship of students and the compilation of text books or manuals about relevant topics.
4. To promote the interests of the accounting profession in Gibraltar by, inter alia:
- providing a means for members to establish and maintain contact with each other, both on a professional and social level.
- encouraging an exchange of information and providing a channel of communication with the member bodies of the Consultative Committee of Accountancy Bodies (the 'CCAB') in the UK.
- providing a forum for discussion of matters of mutual interest to members.
- providing a medium for expression of the profession's opinion on matters of public interest.